With Dreamforce 2017 only a few days away, we thought we’d throw out some ideas about what kind of information nonprofits should try to track down from speaking sessions, keynotes, Salesforce staff and Salesforce partners such as Rallybound. Through our daily interaction with our clients, as well as technology trends we’ve seen over the last year, we’ve put together a few questions that nonprofits should consider asking to learn how they can further their Salesforce implementations.
How has Salesforce changed for nonprofits 2017 and what’s next?
Salesforce is an ever-evolving platform and there as constant improvements being made. From an interface perspective, the Lightning interface has certainly come into its own in 2017 and many more apps are now “Lightning Ready” (RallyBound’s Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Sync app was Lightning Ready in mid-2016). Probably the best way to learn about core Salesforce updates is to actively participate in the Trailhead experience that Salesforce sets up for attendees, but make sure to also speak with nonprofit app providers and consultants to get their takes on what has changed with the system.
Which apps should our nonprofit be using with Salesforce?
There will be a couple dozen app providers and consultants exhibiting at the Salesforce.org Lodge (including Rallybound) and we’d encourage you to speak with many of the exhibitors to get a sense of what they offer. Additionally, there are hundreds of other vendors exhibiting in the main expo hall that offer Salesforce apps that may be useful to nonprofits, including email marketing software. Make sure to not only speak with nonprofit folks – Dreamforce 2017 will have over 100,000 attendees from all types of industries and learning how other industries use Salesforce – especially for marketing – could be very helpful in finding new apps for your org to use.
- How are my organization’s fundraising campaigns different and how can Salesforce help us maximize these differences instead of complicate them?
- How do we see top fundraiser/fundraising teams (across all campaigns) in Salesforce?
- How would we create a dashboard that calls out recent large donations and successful fundraising pages?
- What reports should we run through our peer-to-peer fundraising tool vs Salesforce?
- What are the most effective ways to handle duplicates when syncing data?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR